JAKE’S PLACE ALL-INCLUSIVE PLAYGROUND
AT DELRAN’S COMMUNITY PARK
IS NOW OPEN!
PLAY IS IMPORTANT!
When children play together they learn how to interact, make important choices, and to have fun with one another. Until Jake's Place was created many local children with disabilities were rarely seen at a playground because there was no way to join in the fun.
Build Jake's Place builds "playgrounds for everybody." Playgrounds where children in wheelchairs and other assistive devices can play along side others with ease. Even parents and grandparents with a disability can play and interact with their children or grandchildren.
JAKE'S PLACE ALL-INCLUSIVE PLAYGROUND HAS:
* A cushioned, synthetic surface that accommodates wheelchairs & other assistive devices
* Ramps for easy wheelchair access throughout the playground
* Various types of bridges, balance beam, & stepping circles to work on coordination & balance skills
* Various sensory & tactile play activities for learning
* Musical instruments
* Swings with molded bucket seats
* A wheelchair-accessible glider
* Zip line (coming soon - still fundraising for this piece of equipment)
* Various freestanding play areas throughout the playground
* Various facts posted on different subjects for learning
* Shaded areas, picnic tables, & plenty of seating
* Restrooms located at the snack shack
* Come visit the playground that truly benefits everyone!
Jake's Place @ Delran Community Park
12 Hartford Road
Delran, NJ 08075
VIEW CONCEPTUAL DESIGNS
* These playground designs are subject to change. These are not the final renders.
Jake's Place in Delran will be built with the generous cooperation of Delran Township's Mayor, Council, and citizens.
FUN FACT: The playground will be the largest in the area - 1285 square yards in dimension.
We would like to personally thank over 250 volunteers and over 20 food and service vendors who helped build Jake's Place in Delran on May 3 & 4, 2019.
Check out the first of two videos we produced that’s a time lapse documenting the 2-day #BJPCommunityBuild.
Check out the second video we produced that showcases 150 photos taken during the 2-day #BJPCommunityBuild.
VIEW THE DELRAN COMMUNITY PARK PROJECT OVERVIEW
Build Jake's Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your tax deductible gift will help us open Jake's Place in Delran - our second all-inclusive playground for children of every ability.
Every dollar donated brings us closer to our goal and the opening of another great Jake's Place All-Inclusive Playground. No gift is too small or too large. You can mail your gift to us at:
Build Jake's Place
5311 Magnolia Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08109